Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Here we sit, in the middle of yet another blizzard, this one with not so much snow, but with winds howling all around -- sustained at 20 mph, gusts up to 50. It will be good for starting to work on the Triodion -- yes, now that the Octoechos is finished, I decided to go ahead and enter the Triodion, greatly assisted by the fact that it's available online (I was going to try to post the url, but I can't get into it without losing this post. If anyone's interested, let me know, and I'll look it up before I post next). All I have to do is cut, paste, and format, and I have everything in front of me for my prayer rule -- Vespers and Matins. (Note: This is Music Geek or Liturgy Geek stuff. Stick with the prayer rule your priest gave you!)

Stayed home and worked on it yesterday, in fact -- for the past week I've had a cold, and it just wasn't going away. When I woke up dizzy yesterday, I figured I'd better not even try to drive to class, and instead visited the doctor, who prescribed an antibiotic. I feel better already. But boy, it's been some winter; I don't believe I've seen a winter like this in all my life, and I can recall some pretty nasty blizzards in the 1960s. One or two per season, though, not one after another like this year.

No comments: