Monday, July 10, 2006

And the Answer Is....

For a variety of reasons -- mostly because whenever I'm out and about, I've been feeling a tad dizzy -- I went to see my doctor today (I also wanted to update my list of people to keep informed about my medical condition). As it happened, she had had a cancellation for an appointment, so I got right in to see her. As it also happened, she had just received the pathology report on my surgery. And the answer is...

(you gotta love this)...

they don't know.

There are more cells than there should be, which is indicative of cancer. But the cells themselves look normal, and not remotely cancerous. So the official diagnosis is "hyperplasia," meaning, hunh???

See why I love modern medicine?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"hyperplasia" versus dysplasia, which is what my DD had that the doctor futzed around with for 9 months.

Yeah, love modern medicine. Love the cost too. :-(

Mimi said...

That means a lot of plasia, right? Grin. I like normal cells, myself. Congratulations.